While earning my first bachelor’s degree in Communications I gained skills in graphic design, writing, presentations, marketing, video editing and other areas. In my final semester, I took an introductory course in Landscape Architecture and I realized how much I’ve always loved creating places and experiences. This led me to Utah State University where I recently earned a degree in Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning.
When designing a space, I like to connect to the its past and current surroundings with the future in mind. I also enjoy the challenge of finding creative ways to solve problems.
I grew up in a rural area just outside of Idaho Falls, Idaho. Since I was a kid, I’ve enjoyed creating things, exploring new places and rediscovering places I’ve been before. I’ve always been interested in history and appreciating different forms of art and architecture. I just like to learn in general and I always seem to find some element of inspiration whether I travel near or far.
My core objective in life is to create places and experiences that enrich and enhance people’s lives and refresh their optimistic view of the world.
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture – 2019
Utah State University
- Elected Vice President of Public Relations in ASLA student chapter, 2018-19
- Won Dean’s Prize competition in 2017 and 2018
- Achieved third place in Utah Real Estate Challenge, 2019
- Dean’s List, fall 2017
Bachelor of Science in Communication – 2010
Brigham Young University – Idaho
- Emphasis in advertising
- Minors in art and business management
- Led winning team in a competition for a university ad campaign
- Completed courses in graphic design, writing, presentations and photography
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
Landscape Architecture Portfolio
In the News
- Designed mascot for Groveland Elementary, 2021
- Editor for Layton City: Mountain to Shore, a 110-page urban design plan by the USU LAEP senior class, published 2019
- Historical research for the book Lagoon: America’s Largest Family-Owned Amusement Park, published 2015
- Created original website for So You Want to Be a Writer? – a center for Australian writing courses, 2010