While earning my first bachelor’s degree in Communications I gained skills in graphic design, writing, presentations, marketing, video editing and other areas. When I took an introductory course in Landscape Architecture during my final semester, it made me realize how much I loved creating places and experiences. This eventually led me to Utah State University where I recently earned another degree in Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning.
I like to find out as much as I can about a project site and find ways to tie the design into the site’s past and surroundings. I’ve also learned to love the challenge of finding creative ways to efficiently add value to a place.
I grew up in a rural area just outside of Idaho Falls, Idaho. Along with my lifelong hobbies like drawing, photography and just being outside, I’ve also become interested in studying history and appreciating different forms of art and architecture. I like learning in general and exploring new places. I always seem to find some form of inspiration whether I travel near or far.
My ultimate mission in life is to create places and experiences that enrich people’s lives and refresh their optimistic view of the world.
Bachelor of Landscape Architecture – 2019
Utah State University
- Elected Vice President of Public Relations in ASLA student chapter, 2018-19
- Won Dean’s Prize competition in 2017 and 2018
- Achieved third place in Utah Real Estate Challenge, 2019
- Dean’s List, fall 2017
Bachelor of Science in Communication – 2010
Brigham Young University – Idaho
- Emphasis in advertising
- Minors in art and business management
- Led winning team in a competition for a university ad campaign
- Completed courses in graphic design, writing, presentations and photography
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Microsoft Office
Landscape Architecture Portfolio
In the News
- Editor for Layton City: Mountain to Shore, a 110-page urban design plan by the USU LAEP senior class, published 2019
- Historical research for the book Lagoon: America’s Largest Family-Owned Amusement Park, published 2015
- Created original website for So You Want to Be a Writer? – a center for Australian writing courses, 2010